The Duke of Ukes Ukulele Giveaway!

Hmmm...this is almost...almost...enough to get me to sign up on spacebook. Nah, I'm not sure I could bring myself to do that even if you promised me a uke just for signing up --- well, okay, I suppose it depends on the uke!

John

You didn't say they couldn't be filthy.

I'm just sayin'.

Beware of mine.

Traditionally limericks were pretty racy! You'll be alright.

And to the non Facebookers, you don't know what you are missing!

And to the non Facebookers, you don't know what you are missing!

Yeah, actually, I do. My wife and daughter are on there. I don't know how many times it took until I finally got through to my wife that I really don't want to hear about every alert she gets - that if I cared what a friend of a friend of a friend was cooking her husband for dinner I'd have my own spacebook account!
:biglaugh:

John

Hope gnomethang posted OK (Barry)

I don't know whether I should do some more I like mine but its not necessarily funny is that a definite pre requisite?

As long as it is clever & well written. Racy is fine too but keep in mind that I'll need to post the winning rhyme on my website where it will stay for the rest of time, so try to keep it PG13

PG-13 is a slippery slope. You're using a movie rating system, and technically under that particular rating the "F" word can be used once in a non-sexual context.

But I am trying to keep it cleaner than that. Mostly. :)

The entries are coming in fast & furious now! If you haven't already entered then do so today! It is easy & fun!

Great contest :D It's very original. I didn't think I'd be able to do it but today I decided to give it a go :) Hope it counts as PG-13!

Thanks for the contest Duke of Ukes,

Sparky

Posted on facebook and i thought i would post it on here too..
One my Mum wrote for me... her 38 year old son... :) Love ya Mum xx

Oh Dan you are the Uke Man,
Playing it has hard as you can,
Playing day & Night
Just to get it just right,
And your mummy is your No.1 fan xxxxxxxxxxxx

Great contest :D It's very original. I didn't think I'd be able to do it but today I decided to give it a go :) Hope it counts as PG-13!

Thanks for the contest Duke of Ukes,

Sparky

My pleasure! Make a few entries, it gets easier the more you do it!

Submitted. Thanks for the fun contest and good luck to everyone involved!

I just submitted a limerick myself and so did my husband. I had fun trying to come up with some... There's a LOT of duds scratched on paper here now! :)
Thanks for a fun contest... My playing will certainly award me nothing unless it it the booby prize!

i was so excited when i had seen the entry post and there was 3 people on it then i noticed it said wall so i clicked it and now i know i lost:(

There sure are a lot of great entries posted! It is going to be tough to choose a winner... We are going to have to go to an impartial panel!

I'm not sure if double posts are accepted, I put my first post as a response to the comment regarding the contest and I just put one under the wall section.. I'd like to submit that one (wall) if only one is allowed :D (Tyler Rogers on FB) Thanks!

I too, have no face book account. But here is a try at the contest: (oh, it only work's with the popular (if not traditional) pronunciation of a word...)

There once was a jumping flea,
Who needed a new hobby.
He tried the guitar,
But didn't get far.
But he mastered the ukulele!

Top Bottom