UAS lives on

Joyful Uke

Reaction score
Seeing all the price drops at TUS makes me want a new ukulele. Sigh.

I had the day off yesterday, and spent it playing my ukuleles, and love what I have. I don't need another ukulele, am not willing to sell any I have, but there are still so many I'd love to try. Anyone else being tempted by the holiday sales? I don't think I'll give in and buy anything, but it sure would be fun.

I'm still hooked on the sound of the Barron River that Ukulele Friend had a while back, (just listened to that one again - yep, it's still amazing), but the neck wasn't doable for my whiny fingers. Some of you have Barron River builds coming up soon, right? Keep us posted on that. I can live vicariously that way. LOL.

I made two ukulele purchases Friday. Nothing expensive... and one is earmarked as a gift.

I had the day off yesterday, and spent it playing my ukuleles, and love what I have. I don't need another ukulele, am not willing to sell any I have, but there are still so many I'd love to try. Anyone else being tempted by the holiday sales? I don't think I'll give in and buy anything, but it sure would be fun.

I'm still hooked on the sound of the Barron River that Ukulele Friend had a while back, (just listened to that one again - yep, it's still amazing), but the neck wasn't doable for my whiny fingers. Some of you have Barron River builds coming up soon, right? Keep us posted on that. I can live vicariously that way. LOL.
Not sure what about the BR neck "wasn't doable". I have small hands and absolutely love my BR. I play only concerts and occasionally soprano due to hand size and string tension.

I had the day off yesterday, and spent it playing my ukuleles, and love what I have. I don't need another ukulele, am not willing to sell any I have, but there are still so many I'd love to try.

To me, this is often what it comes down to-- not chasing an elusive satisfaction spot, but thoroughly enjoying the discovery and experience of various combinations (builders/woods/model distinctives)!

One has to stop somewhere (allegedly), but for better or worse-- across hobbies and affectations, over years-- I've learned that I am happiest with what I use regularly (a limiting factor, but an amount often clear only when I realize I'm trying to work something into rotation or regretting that I am not), and am more satisfied post-a-dialed-back selection than had I not gathered the array, the luxury of compare/contrast/juxtaposed revelations meantime.

~ S.

I've been tempted by some of the sales, but it's hard to see how anything else is going to fit into (or replace) something in my collection.

It also helps that a custom tenor/concert set I ordered for my wife and I about a year ago should be done very soon.

Not sure what about the BR neck "wasn't doable". I have small hands and absolutely love my BR. I play only concerts and occasionally soprano due to hand size and string tension.
My fingers had an unfortunate encounter with a malfunctioning garage door, which smashed all of my fingers. So while I'm lucky that I can still play, I have to be super particular about the neck now. On the bright side, that limits my purchasing options, and saves me some money. And my parents got their garage door fixed ASAP after that.

My fingers had an unfortunate encounter with a malfunctioning garage door, which smashed all of my fingers. So while I'm lucky that I can still play, I have to be super particular about the neck now...
I'm sorry, but glad that you're still nimble enough to play. It's all the more reason to be Joyful Uke.

Top Bottom