Prayers Please!

VegasGeorge

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
This is day 3 sitting in ICU with my wife, Christy. She had a stroke on Monday at about 12:15. We were sitting on the couch in our family room watching TV when all of a sudden she couldn't speak. I loaded her into the car and rushed her to Southern Hills Hospital, less than 10 minutes from our house. They ran CTs, MRI, and treated her with tPA. Until this morning, she has been agitated, confused, combative, and sleepless. Finally she got some sleep, and she has calmed down a lot. Her ability to speak has returned, although I'd hesitate to tell you some of the things she's said over the last couple of days. I think they will be moving her out of ICU sometime today. I'm hoping to take her home within a day or two. We're pretty much alone here, no family or close friends. So, any prayers or positive thoughts will be greatly appreciated.

You have my hopes and prayers for her full recovery.

So sorry to hear of your wife's health troubles. You have my empathy.

I will be sending lots of 'Get-Well-Soon' vibes your way and rooting for a speedy recovery!

Be strong, and compassionate for her, as she needs you now more than ever!

:shaka:

So sorry you had to go through these tough times. Prayer sent, and more on the way.

You have my prayers, thoughts, good karma, and anything else that can get you through this difficult time. I am so glad you were with her and could get her to care so quickly. Please let us be your sounding board and keep us posted about both of you. Take care of yourself as well.

Thanks for sharing and permitting us to get involved with you and your family :)

Prayers on their way!

My prayers for you and Christy are heading to Heavenly Father as well.

Praying!! Keep us updated, when you get a moment.

Wow! Sorry to hear about your troubles, but I'm glad to hear that she's feeling better. I hope everything turns out well for you and her. Take good care of yourselves.
:eek:ld:

I will be thinking of you and your wife, and wishing the best for her!

paul

I hope your wife is on the mend soon, sending you folks lots of Aloha from Hawaii.

You're a great and smart hubbie who reacted fast and probably saved her from getting worse or having ongoing problems
I'm glad she's getting better, and she regained her speech. Wishing for a speedy recovery

I'm so sorry for your wife's health issues, but glad to hear that she seems to be recovering. You did great by acting so fast, and I'm thankful that you were with her when it happened. Thoughts and prayers for a speedy and full recovery.

Best wishes. If this helps, when my dad was about 90 he was in the hospital for a dehydration and while lying in bed the same exact thing happened to him. He was very upset that he couldn't speak, but they treated him and within about 24 hours he could speak again, and in a couple of days he was released and made a full recovery. He made it to 93.

Christy is at home now! She has recovered her speech and is catching up on lost sleep. I think everything is going to be OK. Thank you all so much for your prayers and concern. I was deeply touched and it helped me a lot to know you cared enough to post replies. I actually cried over it, and that really helped me deal with the stress. Thanks guys!

Top Bottom