Can Roland Microcube be used as a computer speaker?

notalent31

Reaction score
Yep!....I just ordered the Roland Microcube amp, so I"m hoping to have
some fun with it when it arrives..

But, what I'd also like to know is, can I also use this amp as a
COMPUTER SPEAKER too? and if so, what wire would I have to get?
I have an Apple iMac if thats any help in figuring what wire should
I get that would fit the Roland Microcube amp.

Thanks..

notalent 31....

Shouldn't be a major problem. Headphone out from the computer to line in on the amp. Remember that the headphone out is stereo, the amp in is mono. Should be 1/8" male stereo to 1/4" male mono.

I don't know why you'd want to do this, but it should work.

-Kurt​

Shouldn't be a major problem. Headphone out from the computer to line in on the amp. Remember that the headphone out is stereo, the amp in is mono. Should be 1/8" male stereo to 1/4" male mono.

I don't know why you'd want to do this, but it should work.

-Kurt​

I believe the MicroCubes have an 1/8" auxiliary input on the back. Just go buy an 1/8" to 1/8" cable and go from the headphone jack from your computer to the auxiliary input on the MicroCube.

Roland microcube used as a computer speaker!..

Kurt... my computer speakers died on me. I"ll be ordering a new one
soon. No, I plan to use the Roland Microcube strickly with my baritone ukulele playing. I just thought that I could possible use the Roland as
computer speakers while I was waiting for my computer speakers to
arrive in the mail.

Thanks for your advice.

notalent31

The microcube has an auxiliary 'line' input (small headphone-plug-sized input), that one would be better for connecting your computer. It's meant for plugging in CD players and the like, to play along with (with a guitar plugged into the 1/4" guitar connector).

-Tor

Not having a microcube, I didn't know about the aux input.

Okay, then - you have a stereo input. No problem, just make sure that you get a 1/8" stereo m/m cable, and you should be all set.

I've always used the computer's line out to a Radio Shack SA-155 amp, and used Minimus-7 Speakers, rather than buying computer speakers.

Either way, it works.

-Kurt​

Top Bottom