How to host a meeting/do a concert via Zoom

Voran

Reaction score
Can someone please explain this as if I'm a drunken baboon with an IQ of minus 2?

I'd like to start giving Zoom concerts from outdoor locations and I'm unsure how to host meetings in the first place. I tried before and couldn't figure out something about passcodes.

There are how tos online but they contain terms I don't understand. There are also videos but I'm terrible at learning anything via passive absorption and and I'm highly likely to just zone out.

Would someone mind explaining this in a really pared down way?

if you find zoom difficult, you may want to try jitsi (https://meet.jit.si/). You don't need to install anything in order to host or partecipate. Just go to the link, choose a meeting name then share it.

Not really interested in that - I made it as far as installing Zoom on my phone lol I'd rather just figure out Zoom

I’m sure someone else will be able to walk you through this better than I can, but as a word of encouragement - I was able to do it so I’m sure anyone can. :D

During the pandemic shutdown, I had to host Zoom meetings for work but once we went back to our usual in person work life I haven’t had to do it, so I’m a bit rusty on it. But IIRC:

Sign up for an account, sign in, on the Meetings tab click on schedule. Enter the email addresses of the people you want to invite, pick a date and time, and save. I think that was about it.

At that time, there was a time limit for the meetings with the free app so my place of work had to purchase the app to overcome that. I’m not sure if there is still a time limit for the free app but it’s something to check on. Easy way to overcome that, of course, is to just schedule back to back meetings so everyone can just get back on again.

Now I just join meetings for classes I take, so I haven’t hosted for quite a while. Someone else can fill us in if I’m missing a step. I just launched the app to take a look but see I need my password and that means getting up and going into another room, which will get the dogs riled up, so I‘ll just sit here and be lazy instead. But if no one else helps you out, I’ll get signed in and refresh my memory of it all.

Okay so I've somewhat learned to use it but would benefit from doing a few test runs. Would anyone like to pick a time to do a test zoom meeting with me?

I remember one not very popular artist did something similar and put himself in the background of a stock image. It turned out to be quite funny. The funny thing is that the image was as ridiculous as possible. It's impossible for me, as a photographer, to understand such a thing. Is it difficult to find a normal stock service, even free, and he put something like surveillance. I do not understand. But it's ridiculous

Last edited:
Update: I figured it out. Zoom on a phone is much more concise and simple than Zoom on a computer.

Top Bottom