New Uke Day (NUD) Kala Revelator

Zerufuru

Reaction score
I’ve been interested in this one for a while and finally pulled the trigger when I found one with some really interesting figuring on Aloha City Ukes. I’m surprised at how comfy this is to play being so thin. Thinlines I’ve tried before were too heavy in the headstock; not so here.

So far it seems like this uke is going to be great for finger style.

I wasn’t a fan of how squeaky the C string was so I tried swapping out the C, E, and A with Worth Clears, but I’m not a fan. I’ll be going back to Kala’s Revelator string set.

Any thoughts from other Revelator owners on the UkeLogic string sets with the flat wound G and C? Are these direct drop ins, or does the nut need to be filed?

IMG_1376.jpeg
IMG_1377.jpeg

Most unusual Korina, I don't think I've seen a dark set before! Really striking. I have been playing the stock strings on mine, love the sound, don't want to mess with it. Keep us in the loop if you find something that sounds as good or better!

Gorgeous wood! It looks so organic and comfy to hold. Play with joy!

Gorgeous wood! It looks so organic and comfy to hold. Play with joy!
It is all of that! Was surprised to see so much figuring (and color) on the “premium grade” version. And holding this uke feels the most natural right out of the gate vs others that I’ve had to become accustomed to.

That's a beautiful Revelator!! Excellent choice 😊. My Kala has become my favorite, and I like the sound from the Revelator string set, although I haven't tried any other brands yet...I'll let you know if I do.

That's a beautiful Revelator!! Excellent choice 😊. My Kala has become my favorite, and I like the sound from the Revelator string set, although I haven't tried any other brands yet...I'll let you know if I do.
Kala makes a solid uke. I also enjoy my Koa/Spruce baritone (which, it turned out, came from Mike Upton’s own collection.

Look at that, wow!

I’ve been interested in this one for a while and finally pulled the trigger when I found one with some really interesting figuring on Aloha City Ukes. I’m surprised at how comfy this is to play being so thin. Thinlines I’ve tried before were too heavy in the headstock; not so here.

So far it seems like this uke is going to be great for finger style.

I wasn’t a fan of how squeaky the C string was so I tried swapping out the C, E, and A with Worth Clears, but I’m not a fan. I’ll be going back to Kala’s Revelator string set.

Any thoughts from other Revelator owners on the UkeLogic string sets with the flat wound G and C? Are these direct drop ins, or does the nut need to be filed?

View attachment 174162
View attachment 174163

I'm sticking with the original strings. That's beautiful!

I'm sticking with the original strings. That's beautiful!
After playing around with a few different brands and configurations I'm currently on Worth Browns for the A and E strings, and Thomastik-Infeld chrome flatwound C and G strings. So far I'm liking this sound the best. Might try Living Waters or Uke Logic at some point in place of the Worth Browns.

Top Bottom