Little White Uke Around the World - Waltzing Matilda

Fantastic video! I am so happy to hear the Little White Ukulele has made it back to Australia. Thanks for the lovely scenic video too, it is neat to see where others live. Top marks for the song as well!

Cheers,
-Damon

Yahoo The LWU has been played by Eugene Ukulele and it's heading home after taking
nearly A year and a half to travel around the world and return to Australia.

WELL. Happy Days.
The Little White Ukulele is HOME.
And WITH A TERRIFIC HARD CASE.
Huge thanks to HAWAII MUSIC SUPPLY.
And man THANK YOU to ALL who participated.
Here are a few snaps taken after opening the parcel.
There will be more thank yous later and a couple of songs.
REAL HAPPY here in OZ.

There are two little leis still with the uke and a heap of interesting paper work I'll get to look at later.The little flat coin is on the back still. It is in really good condition.
LWU 1.jpgLWU 2.jpg

Attachments

• LWU 3.jpg
    LWU 3.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
So glad the LWU is back home! It was a wonderful thing to do, and all the songs and videos have been just fantastic! Congratulations to everyone who took part in this - I was so sorry at the beginning to have missed out, but the pleasure that all went well makes up for that! You must be so pleased and proud, Brian! A great day!

Hooray! What a great idea Brian, so glad I was able to participate. It is wonderful to see the Little White Uke back in your hands safe and sound.

Great adventure !!! glad to have been a part of it ;-) Thanks again !
Waiting for the "happy end" video and all the making of, bonuses and so ;-)

OK. First of a few songs.
This is a LWU original.
Now I know no one old played the LWU but it rhymed with 'cold'.
And there's an F word to rhyme with 'truck'.
I also know that baggage handlers treat all baggage with the utmost respect and care.

Good to be Home.
I’ve been on the road for a year and a half
I’ve made people giggle and made people laugh
I’ve been where it’s hot been where it’s cold
Been played by the young and played by the old
It’s just so good x3 Just so good to be home

I’ve been tossed on vans and wagons and trucks
You know those baggage handlers just don’t give a f***
Been mailed and posted all over the place
And heck somebody (Hawaii Music Supply) even gave me a case
It’s just so good x3 Just so good to be home

I’ve been to Europe and the old UK
Done most of the states of the USA
Been to Alaska, Scandinavia too
Covered in writing but still as good as new

Last edited:
Terrific, Brian! What an adventure it has been? Have you ever calculated the entire shipping? I wonder how much that would be in total :)
Great project!

Another LWU original.
Videoed at Blues Point, Sydney, Australia.
Took too many takes and I can do a much better job but it is what it is.
Home.

Em Travlin’ all around
D Big cities and little towns
C From one side of the world to the G other
Em But no matter where you’ve been
Bm or what delights you’ve seen
C It’s where the journey ends that really D matters

G Home D Yes we love to C roam
D But it’s good to get G home

across the desert and the sea
all locations from a to z
the world’s a place of beauty and wonder
things to make you smile
as you clock up all those miles
but knowing loved ones are waiting make’s travelling better

buses cars trains
ferries trams and planes
the world has become such a little place
and around every bend
a stranger becomes a friend
but still you miss those old familiar faces

I've made a little poster of the project:

I've updated the LWU's Facebook and put the big photo mosaic on there as well. Please go ahead and tag yourself!

I've made a little poster of the project:
I've updated the LWU's Facebook and put the big photo mosaic on there as well. Please go ahead and tag yourself!

Thanks for doing this Michael. You say it like it took a couple of minutes and I know it didn't. It was on my to do list. It was such a long project but one that I am so pleased with. Something that modern technology has allowed. People around the world playing my uke and being able to see it so quickly. I am sure if I had let all who wanted have a play it could have been away for another year. I will cherish the LWU and it will be a conversation piece for the rest of my life.
And it arrived home safe and IN A CASE. If anyone is in Hawaii please drop in to Hawaii Music Supply and say thank you from the LWU. I had the two little leis on for my last video but one fell off (but you can still see it on the ground). I had them hanging so as not to cover the signatures on the head of the uke.

BTW I only created a FaceBook account to be able to vist the LWU page. I spend way too much time on YouTube and this forum and I'm pretty determined not to add a FaceBook addiction to my life. I do love that you started a page for it though Michael!

Now if only FoxIsaac would upload his video from Queensland. I sure would love to see it.

I am working on I Still Call Australia Home with my granddaughter Charlotte playing the LWU and singing so she can add her name to the LWU too.

Another BTW - Did anyone do any work on the LWU? The intonation and action seem so much better than I remember! It really is nice to play. It is a very inexpensive ukulele you understand. I really like the strings that are on it too.

The postage costs would total between $1000 and $2000 dollars.

Last edited:
I feel so humbled to have been a part of this project. Amazing, Brian, and what an incredible memento you now have. Cheers to all who had a hand on the little white uke!

Top Bottom