NUD: Flight Sophia Concert

Jerryc41

Reaction score
My latest is a Flight Sophia Concert. It has the built-in electronics to change the sound. "The amazing Flight Soundwave Pickup System adds acoustic or amplified effects, with or without plugging in." I doubt I'll be using that very much. It sounds fine on its own. It has a solid spruce top with laminate walnut back and sides. Like other Flights, it comes with a nice, padded gig bag.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

Looks very smooth. Are those fremont blacks? Worth browns? What number is this?

Congrats, Jerry! I have the Soundwave Diana…I love the sound of cedar top instruments. The Diana is one of my finest ukuleles in my collection as it sounds and plays so well. Don’t get me wrong…I have other stellar ukuleles including Koa models from KoAloha and Kanile’a, and a Blackbird Clara that I play almost more than anything (though I do play my Enya Nova U Concert quite a bit). The Diana will stay with me forever. It’s just a tremendous ukulele at any price point.

Flight’s new Nighthawk Concert is definitely on my radar as well, though that has a spruce top.

I have the Diana version. It's really, really fun to play.

Congrats, Jerry! I have the Soundwave Diana…I love the sound of cedar top instruments. The Diana is one of my finest ukuleles in my collection as it sounds and plays so well. Don’t get me wrong…I have other stellar ukuleles including Koa models from KoAloha and Kanile’a, and a Blackbird Clara that I play almost more than anything (though I do play my Enya Nova U Concert quite a bit). The Diana will stay with me forever. It’s just a tremendous ukulele at any price point.

Flight’s new Nighthawk Concert is definitely on my radar as well, though that has a spruce top.

The NIghthawk isn't easy to find. The only one I could find was from Uke Republic. It's beautiful, though.

Looks very smooth. Are those fremont blacks? Worth browns? What number is this?

There's a serial number on the back of the headstock (picture above), if that's what you mean. I don't see a number inside.

I read an article that said Flight is based in Slovenia (I think). They're build in the East, and the construction is flawless.

My latest is a Flight Sophia Concert. It has the built-in electronics to change the sound. "The amazing Flight Soundwave Pickup System adds acoustic or amplified effects, with or without plugging in." I doubt I'll be using that very much. It sounds fine on its own. It has a solid spruce top with laminate walnut back and sides. Like other Flights, it comes with a nice, padded gig bag.

View attachment 141755

View attachment 141756

View attachment 141757
Hi. How do you like the difference between this one the the Victoria tenor in soundwave?

There's a serial number on the back of the headstock (picture above), if that's what you mean. I don't see a number inside.

I read an article that said Flight is based in Slovenia (I think). They're build in the East, and the construction is flawless.
Sorry, I meant, I feel like the last time you mentioned a uke total for your collection it was in the 140s. I was curious how many you have now.

Top Bottom