NUD - Moore Bettah Ukulele

thejumpingflea

Reaction score
Hello UU!

I was in Hawaii on vacation last week and was so lucky to have been able to pick up my brand new Moore Bettah Ukulele while I was over there.

img_1347_med.jpg

I've owned a Moore Bettah Ukulele for several years now and it's been my primary player for the whole duration I've had it. I've had several students purchase new Moore Bettah ukes and simply *rave* about the sound and that his ukes just keep getting better. When I had the chance for Chuck to build me another one, I jumped at it and I have to say it's exceeded my high expectations. This is simply the nicest ukulele I've had the fortune to play and I'm in totally shock and awe that I got to take her home with me! Being able to pick it up at Chuck's was easily the highlight of my trip.

Here is a video!

More pictures!

dsc_0088_med.jpgdsc_0089_med.jpgdsc_0090_med.jpgimg_1349_med.jpg

Total Specs:
Model: 4 String Tenor
Body Materials: AAAA Koa
Bracing:
-Top: Sitka Spruce 3 Fan Pattern
-Back: Honduran Mahogany
Binding: Ebony
Purfling: Black / Red / Black
Neck: Spanish Cedar with Carbon Fiber Reinforcement
Headstock Overlay: Ebony
Upper Bout Side Sound Port
Inlay: Island Mountain Scene in Stone
Rosette: Black / Red / Black
Nut and Saddle: Bone
Tuners: Waverly

-Top: Sitka Spruce 3 Fan Pattern
-Back: Honduran Mahogany

Are you sure?

Oops! My eye missed that line about Bracing...

Last edited:
It's beautiful!!! Chuck's instruments are just stunningly beautiful. I saw your video on YouTube with the spinner dolphins in the background. What an awesome experience all around.

Congratulations! I fully agree: A great uke for a great player.

Wonderful Uke ... the sound is just fabulous. Congrats.

Congratulations! I saw your video on Facebook. It's always a huge treat and a great pleasure to hear a great player playing such a beautiful instrument.

Another great inlay MBU and in very skilled hands, for sure. Continue making beautiful music with that!

Yep, great artwork again Chuck and wonderful playing as usual. I really like hte armrest he's added to his instruments. He was hesitant, well a little more than that, when I asked to have one on mine a couple of years ago. One lucky instrument to have such a player as you.

Is Chuck. still using Oasis strings with a Fremont low G?

Aloha Matt,
Wow it is amazing, im so jealous and drooling, sounds so sweet your playing :)... congratulations

Last edited:
Yep, great artwork again Chuck and wonderful playing as usual. I really like hte armrest he's added to his instruments. He was hesitant, well a little more than that, when I asked to have one on mine a couple of years ago. One lucky instrument to have such a player as you.

Is Chuck. still using Oasis strings with a Fremont low G?

yes Pat..Chuck back to Oasis and Fremont Soloist...me too...haha

By the way to those of you who don't know Matt he's one of the finest ukulele instructors in the country and a great guy to boot, if you ever get the chance to take lessons with him you'll count yourself as lucky. I know I do.

Yep Matt is one of the best and lives in Washington to boot.

The Oasis he's using, are they the Warms or Brights? I have both sets so will need to order a couple of Fremonts. Looks like Elderly has them. Fremont Soloist wound G?

Last edited:
Very beautiful -- congratulations! :) Chuck's instruments are outstanding in every way.

A beautiful instrument wedded to a beautiful player in Hawaiian Paradise. Really special stuff!

Yep Matt is one of the best and lives in Washington to boot.

The Oasis he's using, are they the Warms or Brights? I have both sets so will need to order a couple of Fremonts. Looks like Elderly has them. Fremont Soloist wound G?

I don't know if Chuck put them on Matt's uke, but he used the Oasis Warm with Fremont Soloist low g on my uke. It is a great combination on that instrument. I always change strings and have never even been tempted to do so with that setup.

Top Bottom