Cannonball by The Breeders - on a single ukulele

Alan, you're no Kim Deal, but that was fabulous. Didn't think that song would fly without a bass and the vocal harmonies, but it's a toetapper! It's hard to work out songs on the uke that rely (in part) on "rockingness".

Alan, you're no Kim Deal, but that was fabulous. Didn't think that song would fly without a bass and the vocal harmonies, but it's a toetapper! It's hard to work out songs on the uke that rely (in part) on "rockingness".

Thanks! It's pretty much impossible to recreate the original. Just have to make it into a ukulele piece. I was pleased with the results.

I have to admit, I very small-mindedly dismissed the Breeders back in the day because I was so broken up about the Pixies parting ways, but that is one catchy tune. I love the way you recreate all the studio effects on the fly - great fun..... the choppy strum works great with the brightness of the plastic uke..... an all around success, I'd say.....

Gee, I hate to admit how long its been since I've heard that song. :) Really love your version Alan, and thanks for doing this one. Happy memories. :)

Oh - and by the way - the car makes an excellent soundproof practice room, and I am inspired by your recording there. I may be copying you tomorrow morning when I have to sit in the car 30 minutes for the street cleaner's visit. :D

Thanks! It's pretty much impossible to recreate the original. Just have to make it into a ukulele piece. I was pleased with the results.

I agree it was great, not only did it bring back a lot of memories but I still love that song and listen to the Breeders sometimes.. I have my kids listen too. fun band.. Thanks for sharing!

Haha, brilliant! Takes me back to high school years... Love this song, can't wait to learn your ukulele version of it! Thanks for sharing!
(That little plastic uke sounds really nice btw)

Oh - and by the way - the car makes an excellent soundproof practice room, and I am inspired by your recording there. I may be copying you tomorrow morning when I have to sit in the car 30 minutes for the street cleaner's visit. :D

The king of in-car uke for me is Max the Uke Punk:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xfg1c8_pixies-debaser-ukulele-rock-cover_music
It's ideal, good light, good sound, no spousal eye-rolling..I look forward to the Jnobianchi alternate side parking show!

I have to admit, I very small-mindedly dismissed the Breeders back in the day because I was so broken up about the Pixies parting ways, but that is one catchy tune. I love the way you recreate all the studio effects on the fly - great fun..... the choppy strum works great with the brightness of the plastic uke..... an all around success, I'd say.....

Ah well, that's all water under the bridge. Funny - the Pixies were in Louisville last night. Wish I could have gotten Kim as a guest singer on this!

Gee, I hate to admit how long its been since I've heard that song. :) Really love your version Alan, and thanks for doing this one. Happy memories. :)

Thank you! The Volvo is amazingly quiet!

Haha, brilliant! Takes me back to high school years... Love this song, can't wait to learn your ukulele version of it! Thanks for sharing!
(That little plastic uke sounds really nice btw)

That uke doesn't have any sustain, hence the pull-offs instead of slides at the beginning. Besides that, it's amazing how well it plays. thanks!

The king of in-car uke for me is Max the Uke Punk:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xfg1c8_pixies-debaser-ukulele-rock-cover_music
It's ideal, good light, good sound, no spousal eye-rolling..I look forward to the Jnobianchi alternate side parking show!

Max is crazy! And that's a good thing.

Top Bottom