Carnival sopanino string height 12th fret

Doug W

Reaction score
Greetings,

Dang, I mispelled sopranino in the subject!

I have this Carnival sopranino. The body is slightly caved in so I need to add a bit of height to the saddle. I figured I would just widdle down a bit of a bone saddle piece that I have here and glue it on the existing saddle.

Can someone give me an idea of what the string height should be at the 12th fret?

Thanks,
Doug

Last edited:
Aloha Doug,
I'm not sure on the sopanino, but about 3mm at the 12th fret or about the thickness of an old popsicle stick for a guage...I hope it helps...MM Stan

mm stan,

Thanks for the response
Translated into Minnesotan: 3 millimeters = 0.118110236 in.

I will give that a shot.

Thanks,
Doug

I wouldn't glue it on before you play it for a few days. I used a Bic pen on the saddle of my Baritone TV Pal and it's fine just sitting on top without glue.

I wouldn't glue it on before you play it for a few days. I used a Bic pen on the saddle of my Baritone TV Pal and it's fine just sitting on top without glue.

Do they still make Bic pens?
Good point though. Don't know if you can see it from my crappy phone camera but the saddle is just a little raised thing of plastic on top of the plastic which rests on plastic. I could maybe just make a little groove in the bottom of my new saddle and it should rest on top of the old one.

carnivaluke.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom