No Longer Lurking from LA

3j0hn

Reaction score
Hello from Los Angeles,

I "learned" to play Ukulele in elementary school in Canada and it's the only instrument I ever learned. Every few years I come back to it and try to get better. I bought a Flea the first year they came out (it's #479), and it is still one of my favorite Ukes to play. (Of course every bout of renewed interest in playing lead to a bout of UAS too it seems)

This winter I've been trying to get better again (and infecting all my family members with the uke bug too). I'm a competent strummer, but I'm finally trying to master those E-chords and get good at soloing.

These forums appear to be the most active uke community on the web, and definitely a great resource.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Greetings and welcome, glad you joined us.

Welcome to UU!

Feel free to join in the conversations any time :)

Welcome another LAer, there are a number of us, I'm near the Beverly Center. You may want to also join the group listed in my signature, though there's really not any activity there.

welcome. Always good to see another LAer here. I am in the San Fernando Valley.

Welcome to UU, glad you joined in.

Great to hear you you got the E chord (and other barr chords). Very helpful if you want to play with other instruments.

Enjoy and keep us posted

Hi to all the other Angelenos,

I live out near the Jet Propulsion Laboratory, LA county, but not city I guess. :)

Also, kohanmike, the Los Angelukes link just takes me to a permission denied page. No big loss if there is no activity there though I guess?

I live out near the Jet Propulsion Laboratory, LA county, but not city I guess. :)

Also, kohanmike, the Los Angelukes link just takes me to a permission denied page. No big loss if there is no activity there though I guess?

Hi and welcome. I'm on the westside but try to keep aware of ukulele activity all over town and - I'm coming up with nothing out your way! The Coffee Gallery in Altadena is pretty uke friendly, but skews more toward performances and a few beginner group classes (which you're probably beyond at this point). It looks like there have been attempts to get a Pasadena group organized via Meetup, but - nothing seemed to get any traction.

But that being said - if you're willing to drive, you can probably find a uke group in other parts of the city (or county) just about every day of the week. I have some friends who enjoy going to the Pluckin' Strummers, in Atwater, which isn't really all that far from you.

Welcome to the forum from the South Bay part of LA. I used to live in Pasadena, and there was a group called Atomic Ukes that met out there...not sure if they still do, but it might be worth looking into for you.

Hi and welcome. I'm on the westside but try to keep aware of ukulele activity all over town and - I'm coming up with nothing out your way! The Coffee Gallery in Altadena is pretty uke friendly, but skews more toward performances and a few beginner group classes (which you're probably beyond at this point). It looks like there have been attempts to get a Pasadena group organized via Meetup, but - nothing seemed to get any traction.

But that being said - if you're willing to drive, you can probably find a uke group in other parts of the city (or county) just about every day of the week. I have some friends who enjoy going to the Pluckin' Strummers, in Atwater, which isn't really all that far from you.

The meetup in Atwater looks good and it wouldn't be that bad drive to, maybe I'll have a free Saturday to check it out one of these weeks.

It takes me to the group page, but I have a feeling that page is only available of you're a member of the group. I guess I need to change the link.

Top Bottom