UPS experiencing major SHIPPING delays

empty

Reaction score
UPS experiencing major SHIPPING delays in California

Just a heads up to all sellers and shippers to California. I advise you all to use FedEx or another service when shipping out items during this Quarantine time.

UPS is experiencing delays on shipments similar to delays at Christmas time.

This is direct information from a friend who worked at UPS and who currently has a loved one who works at UPS.

Last edited:
USPS is no better. FedEx 2nd day has been right on time for me.

In other words, ALL PACKAGES WILL HAVE A DELAY

That's a pretty broad statement. I haven't seen any delays, and I get packages every few days. In fact, today's UPS package was a day early. FedEx, on the other hand, has always been unreliable for me, even pre-covid.

EDIT: I see your original post now says shipments "to California" - I wouldn't know about that, but here in Oregon that's not the case.

Last edited:
Just a heads up to all sellers and shippers to California. I advise you all to use FedEx or another service when shipping out items during this Quarantine time.

UPS is experience a massive delay on shipments similar to delays at Christmas time.

In other words, ALL PACKAGES WILL HAVE A DELAY & "Signature Required" packages don't matter either. Also, tracking will be out of whack.

This is direct information from a friend who worked at UPS and who currently has a loved one who works at UPS.

LET THIS BE A HEADS UP!

if this could be sticky in the marketplace, it would help out a lot of time sensitive instruments from baking and sitting at hubs.

A blanket statement based on very little data; and even if true, any delays are understandable considering the circumstances.

Yeah this is just more of a heads up for those shipping towards this area. I'm currently experiencing this with a uke I purchased from a member here. Mainly UPS shortage of workers and increase of packages to deliver.

As I said, I'm experiencing the same thing in NJ. I sent a uke back by USPS last week, and tracking is showing that it's still in my state. only farther north, when it needs to go south. My state's not that big to begin with. :confused:

The UPS package I received last week was a "signature required" one. The driver said he just needed to see that someone was home and aware that it had been delivered. I waited for him to get to his truck before I brought the package in.

It was delivered on time. But again, that was last week and in Wisconsin.

I'm in Los Angeles and have received shipments from UPS on time. In fact, Friday I received two, one was exactly as tracking stated, one was two days early. In my case the post office has been very slow and in two cases packages never showed up, both sellers sent replacements but I'm not confident those will show up either. I honest believe postal workers often just steal packages that come from certain sellers. Way too often my post office "looses" packages, never to be found.

My best friend from elementary school got into drugs in our mid-teens, and by his mid-twenties could not keep a job, so his mother who worked in the post office, got him a job as mail carrier, which provided him an unfettered means of dealing drugs all day long. I severed the friendship at that time.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly Grove near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 4 acoustic bass ukes, 12 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 39)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

I'm in Los Angeles and have received shipments from UPS on time. In fact, Friday I received two, one was exactly as tracking stated, one was two days early. In my case the post office has been very slow and in two cases packages never showed up, both sellers sent replacements but I'm not confident those will show up either. I honest believe postal workers often just steal packages that come from certain sellers. Way too often my post office "looses" packages, never to be found.

My best friend from elementary school got into drugs in our mid-teens, and by his mid-twenties could not keep a job, so his mother who worked in the post office, got him a job as mail carrier, which provided him an unfettered means of dealing drugs all day long. I severed the friendship at that time.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly Grove near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 4 acoustic bass ukes, 12 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 39)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

I'm surprised your UPS packages have been on time! I had a friend encounter shipping delays in LA so I was almost certain UPS had some shipping issues. Maybe I spoke too soon and also a bit bitter because i've had 3 delay messages for my incoming Uke.

I ordered a uke through reverb, to be delivered UPS from California to me in Ohio. Got shipped yesterday, and the original expected delivery date was this Friday May 1 (which is my birthday, woohoo!); it was just updated today with a delivery date of next Tuesday May 5 (have to wait more days, boohoo). The tracking details include a message reading “Your package has been delayed due to events beyond our control.”

UPS also has a message banner on its site indicating that “severe weather in Dallas/Ft. Worth, Texas may cause delays.” That would not seem to affect the route of my uke, so all this info does suggest that UPS may be having wider problems.

UPS suspended its usual service guarantee over a month ago. Delays are understandable given the current situation.

I dunno I just got a motorcycle helmet yesterday. UPS ground about 5 business days. I don't recall which zone it came from. I would expect perhaps which zone the item is shipped from and to, along with various state Covid19 response and situation could affect delivery times. If it's not critical medicine, legal papers, money.......I don't really care so long an items arrive in a timely manner....a day or two extra on a regular shipped item is nothing to scream about.

There is absolutely nothing that I can't find fault with if I try. I've got a few horror stories from all three over my lifetime, but for the most part it is surprising how much stuff I can get delivered to my door with so little effort on my part.

Top Bottom