For the love of all that is holy and sacred about UU...

What is this reputation you speak of?

It's the little scales icon located toward the right in the header of each post. If you click on it, you can add or subtract reputation points from any user for that post.

i gotta say, im not gonna miss him, it was like he enjoyed arguing.

250px-

o hey, wanna argue? o wait, youre banned!

sorry guys, i had to.

So was this Tanizaki guy really that bad??
I don't understand how anybody could find serious DRAMA in a place like this..
UU is supposed to be like a family.. I never would have thought that this could happen. :(

UU is supposed to be like a family.. I never would have thought that this could happen. :(

he was pretty bad. pretty much every thread he started needed to be locked.

Well, there are always people like that out there, and sometimes they find their way into places like UU. It's sad, but just I'm glad to not have been involved..

I honestly don't remember any of it.. Maybe it all happened around that time period I stopped appearing on UU.

Either way just glad it's over :]

Didn't he say that he was a lawyer in one of the threads? I think it was the swine flu thread he mentioned that. That would explain why he likes arguing so much.

Yeah and he didn't just start new threads, he would bring threads back from the dead.

Same feelings here, but won't they just come back with anouther account?

If he does, and stays true to his posting style, he'll be easy to spot. He just can't go very long without letting you know he believes himself to be superior to anybody with whom he converses.

Sadly he seems to have a deeply established history of this kind of behavior across numerous other discussion forums, going back many years. This is not a man whose life I envy.

If he does, and stays true to his posting style, he'll be easy to spot. He just can't go very long without letting you know he believes himself to be superior to anybody with whom he converses.

Sadly he seems to have a deeply established history of this kind of behavior across numerous other discussion forums, going back many years. This is not a man whose life I envy.

I bet that his real life is fine. But it seems like his online "character/persona" has evolved into a Johnny Fairplay or Omorosa in the reality TV world. I have no clue what they are like in real life but on TV they gear their personalities toward the villian. On the internet, you can be whomever/whatever you want to be. It is easy to put people down and become disruptive when you are hiding behind a screen name.

I know plenty of lawyers and they rarely argue unless they are getting paid for it. And when they do argue outside of the courtroom, they are always respectful.

I am guessing he has moved on to the next forum to terrorize, like a poltergeist. :eek:
At least he is out of here. I hope he finds peace on the next board.:shaka:

Yeah, he's a lawyer. He works for the GOP.

I lean towards republican views normally but if he worked for the GOP i wonder if he might have been the person that sent out the obama emails?

I think talking about him now is just glorifying his presence here even that much more.

I was pleased that he helped CG's grandfather with his Japan question

Me too. I even positive-repped him for that.

I think he had it in him to become a valuable member of the "UU family", but I guess it wasn't in the cards for him right now. He'll figure it all out one day, I hope.

JJ

I knew I would like this board. I'm a member of a couple different boards myself, non-ukulele related. In each of them I've managed to spot a troll posting in the same style as the one in question, however, in each board nothing ever happened. I am pleased to see some form of action has been made to stamp out this kind of behavior.

Yep, Sean, he was that bad. It only takes one Grinch to really rob a place of its aloha. If he'd kept his mouth to his own threads that would be great, but he tried to raise Cain in threads started by others and brought about a lot of strife. It's easy enough to say, "don't feed the troll," but it's a lot harder to make that work when the troll is standing in front of you with a stick, poking...poking...poking.

Banhammer.jpg

Top Bottom