::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 20!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did I mention I had some kanikapila on Saturday? We were invited over to a friend's house this past Saturday. We had been there for a little bit and we see an older gentleman arrive with a guitar in a backpack-style case. A little while later I see he is outside with another gentleman who had a concert ukulele, so I said, "Hang on, I'll go get mine!" and I went to my truck and got my Kala. I came back and they were surprised I was serious. The guy with the ukulele says, "How much Hawaiian you know?" and I replied, "enough" and they both laughed. We played for a couple of hours, I sang some songs, we sang some songs, they sang some songs, it was great fun. I then learned that the guy with the guitar was our host's dad and the guy with the Ukulele was our host's mom's brother. Several people at the party came up to me later and said something along the lines of oh, hey, I know you said you sing and play ukulele but I had no idea that you really could sing and play that well.
The ironic thing was that right after I finished singing and playing what I think is probably my best-sounding Hawaiian song (Mahina O Hoku) then Ho'o and Po'okela wandered in. Those are two people that I really want to hear me sing, but I feel weird saying to them, "Hey, let me play a song for you!" and I thought finally here is chance for them to just hear me play but once they showed up it was time to eat and then after that they left. Oh well. Hopefully another time. All I want to do is play with Ho`o. The times I played at Canoe Hut once it was because Ho`o was late, and the other time she was not there that night.
My thing is that I think I play OK - I know I am nowhere near a pro, but I really enjoy it. But I don't want to be all like, "Hey! Listen to this!" and then have to have her be nice if it really is not that great. My dream is that one night she just says, "Want to play a song?" that type of thing. And I do feel that could happen, but only if she just happens to hear me play. I don't want to force it.

I think it will happen soon!

You should ask to play her Uke one of these nights.

When you order something (like a ukulele) online, wouldn't it make sense to be sure you gave the correct address?, or at least check the confirmation that you received after you ordered? I'm sure Mim can relate.

YES! The worst is because I did not have the new address on my records they wanted to swap it out and I sent it to the wrong address that was listed on Paypal because they forgot to tell me it was different again. I cant remember a month back whether the address was different.

Yep... Been there!

I have a lifetime subscription to Sirius. Then I moved to Hawaii. No Sirius :(
I can listen online, but it is not the same as having commercial-free music in the car.

My mom gave us her old Tahoe and never turned the Sirius off. I do really love it! My kids get aggravated at me flipping through the decades, but now they are learning to tell the difference between 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, etc. It is fun to hear them guess.

A very happy and healthy new day to all!

[C] Here is a little song I wrote
[Dm] You might want to sing it note for note
Don't [F] worry be [C] happy

[C] In every life we have some trouble
[Dm] When you worry you make it double
Don't [F] worry be [C] happy

Chorus:
[F] Down on the [C] corner, [G] out in the [C] street, Willy and the
[F] Poorboys are [C] playin' bring a [G] nickel, tap your [C] feet.

The other night I asked to play her uke while she went outside, she said yes, so there is that...

See. Now you just have to be playing when she comes back in. You need to learn a song with dirty, dirty lyrics to catch her attention. Or just yell Fakkah! in the middle of the song :)

Hilarious.

My mom gave us her old Tahoe and never turned the Sirius off. I do really love it! My kids get aggravated at me flipping through the decades, but now they are learning to tell the difference between 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, etc. It is fun to hear them guess.

Coffee House is my favorite channel. All singer-songwriters and almost entirely acoustic music.

Food classes are making chocolate chip cookies.

Two disasters so far. Cookies have been harmed.

YES! The worst is because I did not have the new address on my records they wanted to swap it out and I sent it to the wrong address that was listed on Paypal because they forgot to tell me it was different again. I cant remember a month back whether the address was different.

Yep... Been there!

and it's never their fault.

Coffee House is my favorite channel. All singer-songwriters and almost entirely acoustic music.
My fave is a classic soul channel. I think it's called Soul Train. I also like Willie's Roadhouse. I seriously listen to a ton of channels. I like most genres of music.

I stream KCCN from Hawaii in my classroom when the kids are cooking.

They are on about a 20 minute loop for the popular songs. Pretty annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom