Wishin' and Hopin'

Great job. It is not easy to do those songs with such ease

Those David/Bacharach songs are such great tunes. They had so many great hits back in the day. They have advanced and interesting rhythms and harmonies and great lyrics, but never come across as complex songs. They end up sounding light and breezy because they are just so well written.

I think at one time I sort of took them for granted because those songs were so popular and I heard them so much. Over the years I have gained more and more appreciation for their great skill as songwriters. Not to sound like an old grump or a snob, but it is especially apparent when I compare it to a lot of what passes for songwriting today.

For fans of Bacharach, check out one of my favorite albums which he did with Elvis Costello- Painted From Memory

Thanks for listening Ed, and your kind comments.​
A Bacharach & Elvis Costello album? Who knew? 😲 Certainly not me. Thanks for the tip, I'll check that out!​

Reactions: EDW
Wishin' and Hopin', written by Hal David and Burt Bacharach, which was a US Top 10 hit for Dusty Springfield in 1964. Mine is obviously a more reggae style.

Unable to listen right now, but looking forward to this cover!

Really enjoyed!

Top Bottom