Season 52: and now for something completely different...

Damon- recycled whiskey:Very nice. The most ukulele flavor whiskey this week
Joko fade to black -Just the kind of interpretation I was after. Very ambitious and successful.
CJ wherever I may roam. Metallica goes Broadway.
-

Mike- creeping death :You took the Seasons by storm since you joined and this one is no exception
Alan uhmmmmmmm-And lot more energetic than the Prius
Peewee's glue-If this is the kind of music they play there, just put me in a pet cemetery

TCKSomeone get me a pissbomb-laws of Germany rule!
Brian- the unforgiving- super skillful
Rob- sandman- Nicely jazzy and psychedelic-works perfectly. -

Peewee-whiplash-Third time's a charm- the essence of metal with a little bit of spinal tap
Dave's double:The trooper of the Seasons does it again- Arkansas just moved south by another 1000 miles, stone cold crazy by queen:200 videos on Yt makes you the king

Wim- judas-Great rhythm feel!
John- Tuesday may be gone- the Seasons have only just begun...
Bob- fade to black :eek: Great ukulele strum -see,Metallica is not such a bad fit for the uke.

Lesley's whiskey: really cool and straight from the hodown
Myrna's sandman:Another great psychedelic cover by the grand dame of the seasons
Welcome home, Ralf: Jon had called your beatles cover the best video of you the seasons- I think he stands corrected...

Wolfchs: until it sleeps:Serious hit potential
Matt- nothing else matters:You keep getting more and more professional every week
Alemarco's unforgiven:Great to have some serious classical talent on the seasons
Greyghost- astronomy-How could I have missed this one -the stars are aligned

PRIZE DRAW FOR SEASON 52

The merciless randomizer has spoken and selected the following winners:
1. DAVEWAVE- My home-built angry banjo uke which is a bit of a project but totally playable.
2. MIKE F- A 15USD Amazon gift certificate
3. PEEWEE- A 10USD Amazon gift certificate

Everyone who entered and faced the METALLICA challenge is a winner, thanks so much, really, please PM me and I will get the prizes on the way.

Wow, I'm floored, thanks so much.
A banjo uke is one of the few axes not it my arsenal, look forward to trying to do it some justice.
I'm semi-competent with minor adjustments and repairs, playable is wonderful, I enjoy a project.

Christian, I hope you'll do me the honor of taking a sharpie and inscribing your creation for me.

Give thanks for random prize awards, in the face all the talented players and singers who post here.
There may be some minor karma involved, since I just paid for a VIP membership (about time).
We're all winners on the Seasons! :D (but you can't win if you don't play, and think about supporting UU with a donation)

Last edited:
Congratulations, ~~~dave~wave~~~, MikeF, and peewee! Christian's randomizer has great taste in ukulele punk, ukulele reggae, and ukulele heavy metal. Woohoo!

Thanks, Christian, for challenging my fingers more than any other challenge. Fun.

And great work, everyone, adapting the heaviness of Metallica to the mellowness of your ukulele. Great stuff! Woohoo!

No Way, Thanks Christian! Thanks Randomizer!
That was a tough week. Congrats to all who uked up a Metallica song, most with way more aplomb than I, and congrats to Dave Wave and MikeF too.

Gosh, thank you! My teenage self would be so proud I've won a prize in Metallica week!!! :rock:
A mighty well done Dave Wave & PeeWee too, and indeed everyone who entered... this was a tough but highly enjoyable week!

Angry Banjo Uke!

Here it is in all it's glory.
We know Christian as a man of many talents, but who knew he's a bit of a mad scientist?

The back is heavy dense wood, the top buzzes like Keith Richard's 1965 fuzz tone pedal, and not only is it loud, it has a pickup!

Thanks again to Christian, and to random prize awards that benefit the mediocre masses along side the talented few.

Hey Seasonistas, Week 52 was Metallica Week!
So Christian built a banjo uke with a sound that's loud and ANGRY!
A random number generator popped up my name, so he sent it to ME!
And now that it's here, all I can play is LOUIE LOUIE!

Awesome, awesome, Dave- again, this made my day, glad you like it- the wood is a teak salad bowl, by the way.

Top Bottom