SOTU 141B: Nowadays Clancy Can't Even Sing - Old Retread vids for the 141 Subject

Neil in Jack White's "Make a Real Record for 35 cents" booth, bringing "Girl from the North Country".

Last edited:
I liked the AMERICANA cd put out by Neil and Crazy horse cos he took old song like Clementine and
Coming round the mountains and put a new spin on them with different chords. He also took
the Stephen Foster Oh Susanna song and did it in a minor key. I have always like that song
for its absurd lyrics... and I did my own version of it which has a different feel to it as well.
Nice version of this song wee! At first i thought I'd have to sit this party out. I've posted over 300 vids on YT and not a single Neil Young cover. Then you posted this and I realized I could join in after all. From Season 5 of the Ukulele.

This is not a retread ....except it is a bit older than the three official entries on The Laughing Old Mountain....by a couple of hours .....so I put it here and took it off there....so Now me and Clancy are very similar...neither of us can sing ......not nowadays not never.......

Oh and it is My My Hey Hey ..again ...cos that is what Mr Young does apparently.........keeps on doing it ......the song....

A quick one from me to keep the week rolling along. This one from the Everybody's Rockin' album by Neil and the Shocking Pinks. Badly in need of someone who can play a turnaround. When I get time I'll learn one....

This one from Rust Never Sleeps in 1979

Top Bottom