::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Kenvin, my wife the baker touted a book for you: “Gluten Free Flavor Flours” by Alice Medrich. Alice was the dessert queen of Berkeley’s gourmet ghetto back in the 80s and 90s.

Nice, I’ll look out for it. Gf flours are tough because of the milling. Some co do good others are too course

We did philly Christmas stuff today. And finally got an answer about Christmas Day from half the family we invited 2 weeks ago and they said we gotta check and let you know....like the we’re looking to see if someone else would invite them over for a free dinner instead....

I've never used either Uber or Lyft. Something about the services bothers me. I guess I've heard too many of the news stories about Uber rides gone bad. I don't trust them, and don't foresee myself ever ever using them....

You realize the horror stories are what makes news, right? MILLIONS of rides are completed successfully for the few that get bad press. We used Uber in London and Paris with great success.

You realize the horror stories are what makes news, right? MILLIONS of rides are completed successfully for the few that get bad press. We used Uber in London and Paris with great success.

Uber / Lyft also have a rating system with instant feedback.
The drivers actually have a financial incentive to have a clean car and operate effectively or their rating will go down and people are less likely to want a ride from them.

How many worn-out, high-milage taxis have you rode in?
Getting a ride from a local (well usually here they are locals) in a clean car is a much nicer experience.

We don't live in a big city so Uber isn't an option for us. But our local taxi services are pretty good. The cars are always clean.

We received maybe an inch of snow last night. Just enough for a holiday look. I don't know that it's going to stay until Xmas. Probably just for a day or two.

Code:
[COLOR="#000080"][CENTER]Have a Holly Jolly Christmas[/CENTER]

(C) Have a holly jolly Christmas it's the best time of the (G7) year
I don't know if there'll be snow but have a cup of (C) cheer

(G7) Have a (C) holly jolly Christmas and when you walk down the (G7) street
Say hello to friends you know and everyone you (C) meet

(F) Hey ho the (Em) mistletoe (F) hung where you can (C) see
(Dm) Somebody's (Am) waiting there (D7) kiss her (Am) once (D7) for (G) me

Have a (C) holly jolly Christmas and in case you didn't (G7) hear
Oh by golly have a (C) holly jolly (D7) Christmas (G7) this (C) year[/COLOR]

I have not yet sampled the Rocky Mountain variety...
I must say though that recently at BILs place he shucked fresh oysters and placed them directly on the grill, cooking them in the half shell.
I tried it. It was tasty.
The oysters were huge.
You know that's why they call it Pearl Harbor, right?

my cousin's restaurant in Monterey is known for their grilled oysters. Pops them open, adds a little garlic and butter and then cooks them over oak wood. In that short amount of time they pick up that smokiness and taste amazing. I'm not a huge oyster fan either but these are good. Hopefully you can see this. It's from Diners, Drive Ins and Dives: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xmOzV5Z7q8

That's my cousin David DiGirolamo. His dad's side of the family own a lot of restaurants and fishing boats in the Monterey area.

That's my cousin David DiGirolamo. His dad's side of the family own a lot of restaurants and fishing boats in the Monterey area.

He's actually my dad's first cousin but all the kids are around my age. David is about three years older than me and the youngest is two years younger than me.

Uber / Lyft also have a rating system with instant feedback.
The drivers actually have a financial incentive to have a clean car and operate effectively or their rating will go down and people are less likely to want a ride from them.

How many worn-out, high-milage taxis have you rode in?
Getting a ride from a local (well usually here they are locals) in a clean car is a much nicer experience.

. . . and they don't smell funny.

Top Bottom