Season 233 - Let's Rock

Yes, well .... not really a rocker; so be gentle with me, those of you who are - and, yes, I mean YOU, BEV/Lynda!

So many thousands of song possibilities here, and no limit...Y'all are gonna get sick of this fool.
First- Buddy Holly. No other vintage translates to the Uke as well as this does, at least in my opinion.
Choked on the ending, but had fun anyway.

One of the earliest Rock 'N' Roll songs was quite prophetic. A Danny & the Juniors classic!

Well now! Rock and Roll knocked my socks off when I was eight years old..... I don't know that singing it sits that well on me, but what the heck! Here goes! Fab week, glad I have some time to take part and to listen to some Seasonistas rockin' it!

What's Rock n Roll without Clapton. Here's a classic tune he covered a while back, San Francisco Bay Blues. Still have all the gizmos in play. Someone asked about the "backing tracks" on my prior video, they come from another gizmo, a TC Helicon Harmony X GT, it's magic! This season is great! :)

It's right back to the 50s for me, and Eddie Cochran

Greetings,

A one take wonder, a little Southern Rock for you on the ol' banjo uke - Jersey style. "Sweet Home Alabama" cover, I love Southern Rock!!

Ciao

Here's a collaboration! NotAnotherLinda laid down the first ukulele track, the lead vocal, and some percussion. I added a chorus voice, an electric uke, some electric piano, and drums. Psychedelic rock!

Last edited:
A rock and roll song about rock and roll. From the great Dave Alvin of The Blasters.

...started playing these two songs together long ago. now i barely remember them.
seems like they might be coming back into their own again, though.

I've just made a small change/clarification to the original post :-

Edit: Amendment: If you think it fits the specifications that I've set, then it does, as I just want you to enjoy yourselves this week!

By chance I learnt this last week, this was the first public performance, and the first time I had played the kazoo on it.
I was at the the best acoustic session in Penzance and asked a friend to record it, but it was a bit dark :-(

Here's the second "paoriginal" almost the same as the last one so more of a theme and variation thing. Same key. Bit of mumbling too. Last verse same as the first which is part of the not very secret recipe.

Last edited:
Thanks Keith for the rocking theme! Some Russian rock from the turn of the century: Polkovnik (No One Writes To The Colonel) by Bi-2.

Top Bottom