Season 184 - Instrumentals

Harry122

Solid Citizen
UU VIP
Reaction score

Season 184 - Instrumentals!

We haven't done an Instrumentals Season in a long, long, time. So let's do!

Popular music is full of wonderful instrumentals. Some of my favorites include:

Misirlou - Classical Gas - Tequila - American Patrol - Green Onions - Peaches En Regalia - Axel F - The Good, The Bad And The Ugly - Sing, Sing, Sing - Walk, Don't Run - Telstar - The Lonely Bull

But the truth is, any song can be an instrumental - just get rid of the words! One reason that I love instrumentals is that they allow you to focus on the melody, purely on the music itself.

There are some Seasonistas who are really good at creating an instrumental by picking out a tune on a ukulele. Good on them, but I certainly cannot do it! If you-re like me, don't let it hinder your efforts!

You can whistle your tune, hum, scat, use other instruments, multi-track, recruit a friend, or just about anything else you clever artists can come up with! Just remember - no words! (Okay, if you feel compelled to shout "Tequila!"

Last edited:
I love you! Just when I was thinking it was time to get back to "Take Five". I'd love to get that gig-ready for my September 20th gig. Now I have to!

Great theme, Randy!

Hurray! I get to debut my latest song which is an instrumental. Oh, and I love stickers, love, love, love, 'em. Great theme! I've been waiting for a season to do this one.

Oh hell.....................................p!

What a fantastically clever opening video Randy. I loved it. Especially the dumb dumb part that I may have to claim as my own:)

Last edited:
Hey folks. I might be jumping the gun a bit here. Not sure when the season officially opens. But I am excited about this theme and hope to post several this week so I am getting started early. Here is a humble version of a great ukulelezaza arrangement.

Hey Doug...your clip is set at "private"mate (and your PM box is full) :p

The Instru went mental-or-How the queen ant got hers.

I don't usually do instrumentals but a few days ago I took a video of ants with wings emerging from their nest.
Apparently when they want to start a new colony the females that are born develop wings, and there is a frenzy
of activity around the nest. The females fly off and have sex on the wing... sex and flying what a joyous
combination... and when fertilised go off to start a new colony.

I was bitten quite a few times when making the video, apparently ants are not too happy about having their
mating rituals filmed. The commentary I made with the video contained such words of vilification concerning
the ants use of formic acid that I removed them from the soundtrack so as not to offend the sensibilities of other Seasonistas.

I composed this instrumental this morning after watching the ants prepare for their mating frenzy. Thanks to BEV for the title :)

Not sure if it may be of help/ideas to anyone but I have a little playlist on my youtube thingo of some instrumental things I've done .

So this happened. Ukelites in Cloverdale...ukulele daddy too.
Our song.
So every other video was before the start time...and this is gold.

Hi, Randy.

Thanks for the inventive theme. Fair warning that I may not get it done this week, but I have sheet music, and you've inspired me to have a go at arranging a traditional Irish tune as a fingerstyle piece. (Me having sheet music is a novelty, as it takes me an age to sight read.)

Take care,

Casey

Not sure if it may be of help/ideas to anyone but I have a little playlist on my youtube thingo of some instrumental things I've done .

Wow, thanks Jon, but do you have anything a lot, lot slower, and played on only one string, not too many notes either.

I'm no good at multitracking, and my whistling may not be much better than my singing (yikes), but I couldn't resist doing a tribute to the Harlem Globetrotters. The only basketball-related swag I have is from my alma mater, which is not in Harlem ... or Georgia. Great theme, Randy!

I guess it became sort of an ambient piece, and I guess it could have been shorter. I had some multi tracking fun with some percussion and some synth tracks that where originally a vocal track. The shaker was recorded in the original video by having the egg in my strumming hand. This is an Instrumental version of an Original I wrote, which is called I don't want to break up.

Top Bottom