Season 638: Road signs

aspieman456

Reaction score
Hi, all you seasonistas,

This is Dave McMillin here with a new theme for this week. Sometimes, It gets tougher and tougher to find a theme to keep things interesting here. For me, at least.

This one is simpler to follow. This one is where you’re being directed to a destination. I’m talking about signs on the road. The signs that tell you where and how long it’ll be before you reach your place.

You simply use these words listed:
Stop, go, wait, enter, exit, yield, freeway, highway, cafe, mall, turn, road, address, traffic, left, right, gas. hotel, parking, route, park, and car wash.

Use these in the song title or in the lyrics of the song. Collabs, multitracks, and secondary instruments are welcome as long as the ukulele is the main focus. All songs must be for Season 638 this week, with the exception of Rob, who can play his past videos on here. Cover songs and original works are perfectly welcome here. If you’re a new member of this post, we’ll be glad to welcome your work.

Usual standard rules apply. Hawaiian standard time: Sunday 12:00 am to Monday, 12:00 am.

As always, there’ll be no prizes.

There is no limit on how many songs you can post here.

No doubt you will be shown many areas. I’ll be your guide through this trail. Good luck to all and thank you.

Signed,

Here's the playlist.

Dave McMillin

Last edited:
You simply use these words listed:
Stop, go, wait, enter, exit, yield, freeway, highway, cafe, mall, turn, road, address, traffic, left, right, gas. hotel, parking, route, park, and car wash.
What about motorway, petrol, shopping centre etc and the anglo european versions like autobahn,auto route etc ? I mean 2468 Freeway doesn't have quite the same ring as Tom Robinson Bands 2468 Motorway. I better watch it though ,Patty might think I'm being snitty . I'm not , just having a larf.
;)😂😂😂😂

Dave, fun theme! Can we use other road sign words and phrases, like "speed limit", "detour", "merge", "do not enter", "proceed with caution", ... ?

What about motorway, petrol, shopping centre etc and the anglo european versions like autobahn,auto route etc ? I mean 2468 Freeway doesn't have quite the same ring as Tom Robinson Bands 2468 Motorway. I better watch it though ,Patty might think I'm being snitty . I'm not , just having a larf.
;)😂😂😂😂
That one includes the word "road" anyway, so it's academic :). I'm looking forward to hearing someone do it!

(The host is the one who makes the rules, of course, so my opinion is irrelevant, but for what it's worth, if I'm hosting I'd accept foreign songs with the relevant words translated. I'd consider American-British and vice versa as suitably foreign :))

Dave, fun theme! Can we use other road sign words and phrases, like "speed limit", "detour", "merge", "do not enter", "proceed with caution", ... ?
I guess I didn’t think this through enough. Ok, everybody. I’ll allow the words “motorway”, speed limit, do not enter proceed
That one includes the word "road" anyway, so it's academic :). I'm looking forward to hearing someone do it!

(The host is the one who makes the rules, of course, so my opinion is irrelevant, but for what it's worth, if I'm hosting I'd accept foreign songs with the relevant words translated. I'd consider American-British and vice versa as suitably foreign :))
Thank you for your input, Edwin. I’ll try to take them into consideration.

Ok, everybody. I’m adding the next words into the mix. Autobahn, petrol, detour, Do not enter, motorway. If there is anymore stuff that I left out, please, don’t be afraid to speak up.

/exit_ramp

/back_on_interstate

I suppose different countries have various unique signs where wildlife and roads collide( so to speak). Here we have “ Wombats Crossing”, “ Watch for Kangaroos”. Sometimes the sign is just the animal silhouette.
I think I have a Kinky Friedman novel set in Texas that has an “ Armadillo Crossing” sign on the cover.
Not a lot of songs about Wombats Crossing.

Ok, everybody. I’m adding the next words into the mix. Autobahn, petrol, detour, Do not enter, motorway. If there is anything I left out, let me know.

I suppose different countries have various unique signs where wildlife and roads collide( so to speak). Here we have “ Wombats Crossing”, “ Watch for Kangaroos”. Sometimes the sign is just the animal silhouette.
I think I have a Kinky Friedman novel set in Texas that has an “ Armadillo Crossing” sign on the cover.
In my experience, Texans couldn't care less about armadillos much less an armadillo crossing sign. If they saw one on the highway they'd probably go out of their way to hit it! 😄 At least that's what it seemed like judging from all the dead armadillos I would see littering the highway. I knew some people who worked at a golf course and they hated them.

Love the theme, Dave! Per road signs (two- way traffic pattern resumes ahead) and all the discussion of armadillos, will the back side of Yowling Tom qualify me to play any song I want for 638? :ROFLMAO:
Besides the little armored one, Tom’s treble- side nautical flags should qualify as signs (semaphore) albeit for a whole different kind of road. They spell U-K-E.
1714874677253.png

Last edited:
No, but there's this:

Which came about from a long YouTube comment conversation (or maybe it was in the forum?) between Rex and me about my favorite Aussie wombat joke and a far inferior, less funny, and muuuuuch longer version of the joke translated for non-Aussies, for whom the verb in the original joke does not mean what it means here.

The original joke:

Q: Why is an Australian man like a wombat?
A: Because he eats, roots***, and leaves.

*** <Look it up!>

The translated version involves, for some reason, a panda in a bar, and, unlike the wombat in the original, she does something no actual panda would do. (Which you can learn about from Rex's song, in the unlikely event you haven't already heard the inferior translated joke, which everyone outside Oz seems to have found uproariously funny, even though it makes no sense.)

Ok, everybody. I’m adding the next words into the mix. Autobahn, petrol, detour, Do not enter, motorway. If there is anymore stuff that I left out, please, don’t be afraid to speak up.
Slow? Street? I have a song that perfectly fits the feel of the theme, and my potential collaborators and our upcoming afternoon, but doesn't have any of your specific words so far. It'll be good, I promise. 😉

Top Bottom