Favorite "K" Brand Uke

My favorite "K" brand uke is.......

• Total voters
Kamaka concert for me, not an owner yet but pretty soon it'll be here.

Wow...neck and neck!!!! I thought the Koaloha would be the overwhelming favorite. Seems like there are a lot of closet Kamaka fans out there!!!!!

I wish there'd be a "not had the chance to play a K brand" option since I have no idea how good they sound, but from the talk of them, I'm sure it's divine!

Kamaka has just retaken the lead over KoAloha, 25-24. This is exciting!

I know, I feel like I'm watching a horse race, as though I'm jumping up and down at a racetrack as my fave has just edged into the lead. It is even more thrilling because I would have sworn that KoAloha would run away with it. :)

I've only played one Kamaka and one Koaloha, but I voted for Koaloha just because I like the looks of them! Especially with the crown bridge. When I get around to buying one I plan to spend a while back home trying everyone I can get my hands on before making a decision.

KoAloha. Of course I'm biased because I own a KoAloha and I have either never played the other brands or I played them very little.

Also when I played a Kanile'a I felt that it was a great sounding and looking uke, but it wasn't as playable as my KoAloha. But I take it into account that it was a soprano...so there's less room.

I voted wrong - I meant Ko'olau, not Koaloha. Living near Elderly instruments I've been able to play them all, and nothing, in my mind, beats a Ko'olau! Mike

Aloha molokinirum,
With your list as it is, Kamaka.....you should add Koa works on there...he he
but then again..simply put...any uke that sounds good!! preformance over preference...no matter what brand....any day...MM Stan..

This last part made me chuckle just a bit.. being you have a bakers dozen.. I would love see the rest of your uke collection :drool:

What's going on people??? :confused:

...I've just seen the most recent poll update and am very confused....how on earth can KoAloha have more votes than Kamaka!!!!..

hmmm... I guess it's because the discerning Kamaka owner is secure in the knowledge he / she possesses the greatest ukuleles being made today and has no need to self-defend or justify their choice.....(*ducking for cover*)...:)

I have a couple of "K"eith Ogata ukuleles that I prefer to the ones you have listed. But since there are only a little more than 100 of them out in the world, I would not anticipate more than a vote... or two.

John

Kanile'a! No ka oi!

Kamaka, hands down. If I had to choose one uke to keep the rest of my life, it'd be my Kamaka pineapple.

One month ago this Thursday, I spent a couple hours at Acoustic Vibes with the intention of not buying a Kamaka. I was hoping to fall in love with a Koaloha...I was already in love with a Kanile'a...Kamaka meant the most $$$.

I left with a Kamaka!

~Michael

Top Bottom