Season 168 - Go Out and See the Lights of Night!

To start off off the Rabbit theme I just have to post Run Rabbit Run
It does not count as an entry cos it some silliness I did with my grand-daughter
some time ago. I'll never have that recipe again, cos kids grow older and become
more self conscious... and as I become older I become less self conscious.

Last edited:
well jim if you wanna mull it over a bit longer, and be strict, I do understand, I don't wanna mess with the theme! I hate it when people mess with a theme! gosh I hope bigdaddyuker doesn't hear me say that, I was a bit wayward in his 5 hour energy plink week with slow songs! I can't let the renaissance song outta my head but I am more than happy to go get that outta my system and post it on the island, then swing back here and engage properly with the theme, like the oh so good girl that I am :cool:

To start off off the Rabbit theme I just have to post Run Rabbit Run
It does not count as an entry cos it some silliness I did with my grand-daughter
some time ago. I'll never have that recipe again, cos kids grow older and become
more self conscious.

I definitely remember this one. I always loved the funhouse mirror effect. I think I had my daughter watch it when you first posted it. And I might add it to the playlist as an unofficial entry after the end of the Season so I'll have an easy way to find it in the future.

While it pains me to admit it, there are probably a lot of disco songs that fit this theme. And dance music from other decades. Lots of songs about going dancing/clubbing will mention lights.

"We're going clubbing tonight."
"Baby seals?"

Kill the Wabbit - Ozzy Fudd (in case Wendy wants to sing like Elmer Fudd)

1) Well, the entire point of singing songs in an Elmer Fudd voice is to take perfectly good and lovely serious type songs and destroy them by doing the most ridiculous thing imaginable to them. Singing an actual Elmer Fudd song kind of defeats the purpose. So no. Someone else can do "Kill the Wabbit". (And can probably do a way better Elmer Fudd than me anyway.)

2) Blast you, Jim ... you know exactly which song was the first one I thought of before you even posted your rabbit playlist ... and now must do ... because it is the perfect Wendy choice for that theme, even though it is not one of our mutually beloved artist's best. If it were some other host, I might not ... but no, it's YOU! So I have to, don't I?

If you mean "Total Eclipse of the Heart", I don't think the lyrics fit the theme. The closest they come is "giving off sparks". Or do you mean the Simon and Garfunkel song?

On the other hand, a total (solar) eclipse gives off some wicked bright light. Fry-your-eyes bright.

or I could try writing a song about one of my dad's fab jokes
why the bald man got rabbits tattooed on his head
because
from a distance
they look like HARES
:rock:

Do it! I have gotten tons of mileage from an early Seasons song I wrote based on a joke my mom told for another animal theme. Plus it made my mom really happy and proud.

Towers on Bay State Rd. at Boston University. They were the lights across the river in Cambridge I was looking at.

From my alma mater, we were looking back at you from the Cambridge side. (No, you UKers - the other Cambridge.)

The Joe Jackson one?

D'oh! I was thinking you meant "Steppin' Out With My Baby". Which seems like it ought to mention bright lights somewhere, but doesn't.

I'm sort of torn. The Northern Lights are indeed bright lights at night that fill someone with wonder. I also want to hear someone play a Renaissance song in the Seasons. On the other hand, I don't want everyone to just give me songs about the moon and stars. I am going to say yeah, go ahead. And I'm going back to the original post to say that songs about the moon and stars aren't enough.

An aurora may not be the kind of bright lights you are looking for - you will decide ... but it is neither moon nor stars. It's an electrical phenomenon in the atmosphere, so it may be closer to your kind of lights than celestial bodies are. Whether close enough or not - your call.

How about fireworks? Are you saying it has to be electric light?

Last edited:
it does seem to me the key thing here is indeed electric light(s)

(they should name an orchestra after it ;) )

which is why I don't think the northern lights count but I am now totally obsessed with that song and feel compelled to uke it (even if it is a bit fiddly diddly and difficult :mad: )

This little blues came to me this morning in response to this week's main theme. It's kind of a "whatever happened to the guy who wanted to see the bright lights tonight?" - here's my take on what probably happened to him.

Lyrics in the Youtube Description.

If there were, hypothetically, say, such an orchestra ... I wonder if songs by them would be acceptable?

(For the theme, I mean..... You can use your judgment about the wider sense.)

Hmmm ....actually that's a fair point.....well illuminated.

Hmmm ....actually that's a fair point.....well illuminated.

Yup yup rabbit, yup yup yup, rabbit rabbit, bunny jabber,
Yup rabbit bunny, yup yup yup, rabbit bunny, jabber yup yup yup,
Rabbit bunny, jabber yup yup, bunny jabber rabbit.

Go on CJ... give Chas and Dave a bit of wellie.

yes I meant simon and garfunkel, for the rabbit connection (watership down film) (oh gosh mustn't think about it, it makes me cry!)

I think I will give Bright Eyes a go BEV...awesome song...never heard it before. Quiet day at work, may just have time to practice.

I think I will give Bright Eyes a go BEV...awesome song...never heard it before. Quiet day at work, may just have time to practice.

Now that is the last thing you should ever say "Quiet day at work "...then it immediately becomes anything but.......

Yup yup rabbit, yup yup yup, rabbit rabbit, bunny jabber,
Yup rabbit bunny, yup yup yup, rabbit bunny, jabber yup yup yup,
Rabbit bunny, jabber yup yup, bunny jabber rabbit.

Go on CJ... give Chas and Dave a bit of wellie.

...are you ....have you got a ....bugger ...this is the first tune I went to ultimate G T for the tab/chord sheet .....hmmmmmmmmmmm

....going to sweep for bugs ....or am I becoming that predictable and boring ??:smileybounce::nana::anyone:

While it pains me to admit it, there are probably a lot of disco songs that fit this theme. And dance music from other decades. Lots of songs about going dancing/clubbing will mention lights.

"We're going clubbing tonight."
"Baby seals?"

Lots of Country songs too. Try searching Cowboy Lyrics or Classic Country lyrics. Just enter "lights" in the search box.

1) Well, the entire point of singing songs in an Elmer Fudd voice is to take perfectly good and lovely serious type songs and destroy them by doing the most ridiculous thing imaginable to them. Singing an actual Elmer Fudd song kind of defeats the purpose. So no. Someone else can do "Kill the Wabbit". (And can probably do a way better Elmer Fudd than me anyway.)

2) Blast you, Jim ... you know exactly which song was the first one I thought of before you even posted your rabbit playlist ... and now must do ... because it is the perfect Wendy choice for that theme, even though it is not one of our mutually beloved artist's best. If it were some other host, I might not ... but no, it's YOU! So I have to, don't I?

1) This is not an Elmer Fudd song. It's a parody done under the name Ozzy Fudd, a heavy metal song sung in an Elmer Fudd voice. They used to play this on the Dr. Demento show.

2) I thought you'd already done the perfect Wendy choice song recently. That's why I figured Ozzy Fudd would be an alternative for you.

3) Fireworks, yes. Electric Light Orchestra, no. I'm okay with fireworks. So go ahead and get your Katy Perry on, or better yet, NRBQ. Just plain fire is not okay, because MattyDee already did that theme.

Top Bottom